You now need to create and select your Home Page for your Canvas site. If you do not have any Pages, create a new Page and define it as the Home Page.
- Select the Pages button on the left navigation.
- If you have a list of Pages, you can now select your Home page.
- Publish the Home Page.
- Find the Gear icon for that page.
- Click on Set Home Page.
- Go to the Home button so you will now be on the landing page of your course site.
- On the right navigation click on Choose Home Page.
In Draft State, items in Assignments, Quizzes, Modules, Pages, and Discussions are unpublished by default, that means students cannot see these items until they are published. AND, graded items like assignments and quizzes are not included in gradebook and are not calculated.
Changes to the Canvas interface include:
- Pages has an Index page and displays page titles.
- Individual pages do not include sidebars.
- Any page can be set as the front page of their course.
- Quizzes do not have to be republished if the content is changed.
- If a Module is not published all content within that module is hidden.
How do I use Draft State in Pages?
How do I use Draft State in Modules?
How do I use Draft State in Quizzes?
How do I use Draft State in Assignments?
How do I use Draft State in Discussions?
View the video overview of Draft State
Within Modules, you can view the progress of your students and see how they are progressing through the course. Module progress is determined by the students completing required elements in the module.
- Under Modules, click on the View Progress button
- Module Progress by Student window shows the progress of each student in your course.
When viewing your Calendar, Select your current quarter course calendars.
Deselect your personal and sandbox calendar.
Your Calendar view will show a maximum of 10 course calendars.