We have just released version 2.8 of our Mayflower theme, and version 3.6 of our Globals style framework. We’ve been working on this for a while…
- Featured slider re-order interface now displays slide title
- Site managers can now choose to hide ‘date posted’ for posts
- Site managers can now choose to display the post author on posts (next to the date!)
- You will now get a warning if you attempt to insert an image without alternative text. You can also choose to mark an image as purely decorative, which will prevent it from being communicated to screen readers.
- All content pages now publicly display the last updated date (added to comply with website standards)
- Users can now enable ‘Asides’ (single page sidebar) for posts and pages. This is done through a plugin.
- We have re-arranged and improved how options are laid out in the Customizer. Homepage options also now only display if you are looking at the site homepage.
- Images and image galleries now function much smoother, and are presented consistently. Image galleries in particular now resize better for mobile devices.
- Pagination is now more robust and visually cohesive
Bug Fixes and Behind the Scenes improvements
- Featured Slider image no longer overlaps title in dashboard
- Homepages now have (hidden) Heading 1 for accessibility
- Added new functionality to support bringing the Continuing Education website in to the Bellevue College theme (improved search support, templates, and integration with CampusCE)