The Bellevue College Content Management System uses themes and plugins to provide functionality to Bellevue College website managers, employees, and students.
Some of these are developed by Bellevue College Information Technology Services (first-party tools), and some are premium or free plugins by outside developers (third-party tools).
First Party Themes and Plugins
Bellevue College Information Technology Services develops and maintains a number of open-source projects that provide custom functionality.
- Mayflower theme – makes the Bellevue College website what it is, providing WordPress specific styles, slideshow functionality, navigation pages, and more.
- Mayflower Homepage theme – this child theme provides specific functionality for the Bellevue College homepage
Feature Plugins – already active on all sites, or can be turned on by request
- Contact Widget plugin – provides a ‘Contact Us’ widget for website managers
- Gravity Forms External Data Fields plugin – allows for login to specific forms built in Gravity Forms, and autofill of user information. Submit a Service Desk ticket to get this enabled on your website!
- Location Widget plugin – provides a ‘Office Location’ widget for website managers
- Post and Page Asides plugin – lets website managers place small, contextual blocks of content on particular pages. Submit a Service Desk ticket to get this enabled on your website!
- SharePoint Embed Shortcodes – allows for Excel documents in SharePoint or OneDrive for Business to be embedded in pages using a shortcode.
Site Specific Plugins – provide specific functionality for the business needs of a department
- Continuing Education Custom Functionality plugin – specific functionality for Bellevue College Continuing Education, allowing course information to be pulled from CampusCE course management software.
- LMC Search plugin – specific functionality for the Bellevue College Library Media Center to allow searching ExLibris Primo library catalog software through a shortcode.
- Final Exam Display – specific functionality to display final exam schedules
- Student Club plugin – specific functionality for Bellevue College Student Programs
- Student Programs plugin – specific functionality for Bellevue College Student Programs
- Trustees Agenda plugin – specific functionality for Bellevue College Board of Trustees meeting agenda management
Internal Plugins – used to provide background functionality
- Multisite Users by Role plugin – internal plugin which displays all users with a particular role on any site in a multisite network. Useful for finding all administrators on a large multisite network.
- NetID User Sync plugin – internal plugin to synchronize username changes with WordPress. This plugin is no longer supported by Bellevue College.
- Open Search Server Client for WordPress – allows for a search page to be created that pulls results from Open Search Server. This plugin is no longer supported by Bellevue College.
- Rave Alert Notification plugin – allows for emergency notifications from Rave Mobile Safety to be displayed on all sites in WordPress multisite. May also be compatible with other Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) providers.
- Swiftype Search Client – allows search page to created that pulls results from Swiftype Search.
- WordPress CAS Client plugin – allows login to WordPress through CAS (Central Authentication System) version 2 and below. This plugin is no longer supported by Bellevue College.
Free or premium plugins used by Bellevue College. Only plugins that directly provide functionality to website managers are listed.
These plugins are already available and ready to use on your BC site!
- Page Links To – redirect a page to another URL
- Post Expirator – set an expiration date and time, and your post will vanish on command!
Available to Activate
You can activate these plugins yourself in the ‘Plugins’ section of the WordPress dashboard
- Bootstrap 3 Shortcodes – provides an easy way to do advanced formatting, like multi-column layouts, icons, etc.
- Gravity Forms – simple forms builder, ideal for sign-up forms, contact forms, and more!
- List Category Posts – use shortocodes to displays posts from a category, tag, or other filtering attribute. Display of posts is flexible, and provides myriad options.
- List Pages Shortcode – same functionality as List Category Posts, but for pages!
- Noindex Pages – prevent a specific page from being indexed by search engines
- Simple Twitter Tweets – display a twitter feed on your sidebar
- TablePress – easily display data in tables
- TablePress Extension: Responsive Tables – make tables more responsive on mobile devices
- WCAG 2.0 form fields for Gravity Forms – improves the accessibility of many Gravity Forms field types. Must be activated with Gravity Forms.
Activate by Request
Submit a ticket to see if these plugins are a good fit for you. They are available, but require distinct setup and training by ITS.
- Download Monitor – provides document management for user downloads
- Gravity Flow – allows for Gravity Forms to be connected to workflows
- Gravity Forms Quiz Add On – allows for quizzes to be created in Gravity Forms
- Simple Page Sidebars – have a different sidebar for a set of pages on your site
- Simple Share Buttons Adder – allow people to easily share a post or page on FaceBook, Twitter, and more
- Table of Contents Plus – automatically generate a table of contents for long webpages, with links that take people to the right sections
- Text Blocks – create reusable pieces of content that can be placed on multiple pages.
- WP NoteUp – leave private notes for yourself or others on pages and posts