Class Syllabi

person sitting at desk under a pile of papersDear Faculty,

A list of of a lot of Updated links (←click here)

Please submit your Spring 2015 syllabi to the Request Center under the Arts & Humanities option.  Or, you may e-mail me (Janis Juarez) directly with your syllabi or syllabi CANVAS links.
ELI faculty, please submit syllabi to Bernadetta, or submit through the Request Center

Please note: We get many students (and other instructors/administrators) asking for faculty contact information at the front desk and/or phone calls due to the lack of contact info provided in syllabi.

Please include your contact info at the top of all of your syllabi.  By contact info I’m referring to:
→ Office location
→ Office Phone #
→ Bellevue College e-mail address
→ Office hours, or times you are available to students be it on-line, in your office, via phone.

I have attached a Syllabus Template_9_19_14 that is located in “MyBC” under “Faculty Resources.”   Some of the links are outdated.  Please note! This template will be updated during spring quarter by Gordon Leighton and ready for fall quarter 2015.

For those of you, who like to create your own syllabi, please read below.

Bernadetta and I are required to adhere to the Bellevue College Web Information Accessibility Standards, we quickly scan the syllabi to see if any changes need to be made.  Sometimes we will make the a few changes which may include a few, or all of the items mentioned below,   I may even ask you to make the changes and submit the document(s) again.  Please keep in mind the following:

1. Include Spring 2015 up at the top.
2. Change all references from DSS to DRC (Disability Resource Center)
3. Check all links you include to make sure they are still active, if they are not active, change them, or remove them.
4. Please do not use fancy fonts, stay with Ariel or Universal, or something very easy on the eyes.
5. Please do not bold everything.
6. Change all references from Bellevue Community College (BCC) to Bellevue College (BC)

Please make note.  If you are still using links that have bcc.ctc, the links are no longer being redirected to documents, or sites.  The links are all being directed to the Bellevue College home page instead.  While posting syllabi, I have noticed several syllabi come in with the old links.  Please make sure you are giving your students the correct information.

Our syllabi are viewed by the public which may include people that have vision impairments.  The syllabi are also viewed by other college advisors.  All information on the syllabi should be easily read and up-to-date.

Thank you!!