Welcome Back – Winter Quarter Reminders

(Email: January 5, 2021)

Welcome back and Happy 2021!

I hope you had a relaxing and rejuvenating winter break. With vaccines surfacing there is some hope for being on campus again by sometime in 2021!  Below is a potpourri of information to start us off this quarter.

A few important dates to remember (details on #1 and #2 will come separately):

1. Adjunct Faculty –Annual contract requests for Lecture I and Lecture II faculty are due to your dean by January 15th
  2. Full-time faculty sabbatical requests are due February 1st to the office of Academic Affairs. (Details sent separately.) 
  3. Full-time faculty – Now is the time to compile your documentation if you are up for your post tenure review(every three years) and submit that to your Dean.  They will be working on those in spring and into the summer. In addition, full time promotion applications are due the 6th day of spring quarter (April 15th). 
  4. One Correction to yesterday’s email of Academic Affairs Resources: I forgot to list that February 11 (College Issues Day) is also a non-instructional day in Winter Quarter. 
  5. In the event of a closure of campus resulting from inclement weather conditions, the default expectation is that remote instruction will continue.  However, please remain flexible, as some faculty and students may have no power, not be able to travel to their internet access point, or be dealing with other weather-related issues. Please try to make your expectations for “snow days” clear to your students early in the quarter. 
  6. Remember that students can enroll in courses with open seats through Wednesday. Faculty will have to approve late enrollments on Thursday and Friday, and any changes starting next week will require your Dean’s approval. 

I welcome your feedback and suggestions as to how we can better support all faculty.  Wishing you a healthy and productive Winter Quarter!