September 23, 2020

THIS WEEK

• REMINDER!  Virtual Run/Dance-a-thon Event continues through SUNDAY, SEPT 27.  REGISTER and READ more aboutthe event on the Foundation web site. The hope is to raise money and awareness around the Theatre Arts Programs.
  • SEPT. 28 – OCT. 3.  This year’s Virtual Japan Week is coming on Sept. 28th.  We’ll have local presenters, exhibitors and performers sharing their talents in pre-recorded videos  and our student leaders have been working hard gathering many additional video links to put into our Japan Week website ‘Topic Tiles.’  We also had many submissions for our four contests, from the greater Seattle areas, other states and even from Europe and Asia.  All these links will go live by Sept. 28th (Mon) at 8am.  View the Japan Week flyer (pdf file).
    Please include the below Live Zoom event in your fall class schedule.

ÞSept. 29th (Tues.), 5-6:15 pm, Live panel Discussion on Japanese Americans and AAPI Civil Rights Movement Past and Present hosted by the North American Post and Hokubei Hochi Foundation (this event is not affiliated with or sponsored by Japan Week @BC but we highly recommend it!  Take advantage of this great Live Discussion opportunity) Please register from the Event Registration Form here.  Open to the BC community and the general public.

ÞOctober 1st (Thurs.), 2:30-3:20pm, Live Zoom Taiko Workshop (Limited to 20 pre-registered BC students, sign up here). This Taiko Workshop is already FULL.

Take a look at the Japan Week’s website for more info on this year’s events: https://studentweb.bellevuecollege.edu/japan-week/
Send questions to e-mail: JapanWeek@bellevuecollege.edu

SYLLABI

A&H SHAREPOINT SITE

• Visit the A&H Sharepoint site to access the Faculty Hub area.  In the Faculty Hub area you can access supply request forms, Professional Dev. Forms, faculty leave and absence report forms.  There is also information on the Syllabi template and instructions.  You will need to log in, but this is a great area to retrieve forms that are normally in the office, but now are available online.  Once you are in the site, poke around, get acquainted with what
    you may need.

PLEASE NOTE:  THIS IS THE LAST EDITION OF THE A&H WEEKLY NEWS DIGEST.  My time at Bellevue College has come to its end (Sept. 30).  I have learned so much during the time I spent working at Bellevue College and especially the time I spent in the Arts & Humanities Division.  Thank you for being patient with me through the years.  Many thanks to you for your help when I asked for it.  I’ve made some very dear friends and will not ever forget those friendships. Be kind to one another.