We are offering training on March 9th from 10:30 to 11:30 am- sign up now!
We have just released version 2.8 of our Mayflower theme, and version 3.6 of our Globals style framework. We’ve been working on this for a while…
- Featured slider re-order interface now displays slide title
- Site managers can now choose to hide ‘date posted’ for posts
- Site managers can now choose to display the post author on posts (next to the date!)
- You will now get a warning if you attempt to insert an image without alternative text. You can also choose to mark an image as purely decorative, which will prevent it from being communicated to screen readers.
- All content pages now publicly display the last updated date (added to comply with website standards)
- Users can now enable ‘Asides’ (single page sidebar) for posts and pages. This is done through a plugin.
- We have re-arranged and improved how options are laid out in the Customizer. Homepage options also now only display if you are looking at the site homepage.
- Images and image galleries now function much smoother, and are presented consistently. Image galleries in particular now resize better for mobile devices.
- Pagination is now more robust and visually cohesive
Bug Fixes and Behind the Scenes improvements
- Featured Slider image no longer overlaps title in dashboard
- Homepages now have (hidden) Heading 1 for accessibility
- Added new functionality to support bringing the Continuing Education website in to the Bellevue College theme (improved search support, templates, and integration with CampusCE)
A new version of WordPress has landed! We have updated the main Bellevue College website to WordPress 4.4.2, the latest version.
Normally update our environment 1-2 months after a new version is released to the public, so that we can fully test things, and make sure that our website stays happy and healthy. Don’t worry though, all security updates go in place immediately!
Want to learn more about WordPress 4.4, and the new features it offers? Check out the announcement article!
I have created this Commons site as a way to update website managers on new updates to the Bellevue College website.
We are constantly working on new features, fixes, and improvements to expand what is possible in our Content Management System (CMS); I will be using the blog to update the campus community on what is available!
Most of the posts here will focus on the main BC website (www.bellevuecollege.edu), but there may be info on Commons and StudentWeb as well, as applicable.